Saturday 18 November 2017

The life-changing magic of laser eye surgery

When I was about 11, God’s servant came to town, and I went to experience a miracle. The meeting was at a school auditorium. While the mighty man of God – the late New Zealand property developer and evangelist, Bill Subritzky – took the stage, the healing sessions were held in prefab buildings nearby, where an assistant pastor minion asked me what my affliction was.

“Short-sightedness,” I said.

If this was weird, like someone asking for prayer to grow back a missing leg, he didn’t show it. At his prompting, I removed my glasses, closed my eyes and received an enthusiastic prayer.

READ MORE:
* Why I’m an e-bike convert
* Cycling to work: the freedom, the fun and the death threats
* Could you give up coffee completely?
* Why men should be feminists


I opened them again to a white fluorescent ceiling light through a blur of tears, brought on by the excitement of being able to see without glasses, which I figured were the source of most bad things in my life. The lives of small, socially awkward, unco-ordinated boys with anxiety issues are not usually improved by having to wear glasses and I was no exception. I hated them.

from Olivia W’s Blog Rss http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/98742733/The-life-changing-magic-of-laser-eye-surgery



from
https://oliviawhinham79.tumblr.com/post/167633838171

No comments:

Post a Comment