Saturday 21 January 2017

Dr Tom: Ecotherapy can improve your mental health

I can clearly remember one of the happiest days of my life. It was a Sunday the summer of 1981, I was 19 years old and working for the New Zealand Forest Service, before it became DOC รข€“ and before I became a doctor. I was in the headwaters of the Rangitikei River, deep in the Kaimanawa Ranges and had been there for eight weeks, counting birds, plants and deer droppings. It was a grey miserable day and we were rained in ; living in a tent for two months with three other guys, I had tent fever. So, I decided to walk for 10 hours in the rain to our next helicopter food drop and collect our Christmas mail. No wi-fi (there was no internet  back in those days, and even today I am guessing there would still be no coverage at the Mangamaire Junction) so it was just letters and stamps.

from Olivia W’s Blog Rss http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/well-good/motivate-me/88464006/Dr-Tom-Ecotherapy-can-improve-your-mental-health



from
http://oliviawhinham79.tumblr.com/post/156198957216

No comments:

Post a Comment